Frequently Asked Questions
Cardiris™ Pro / Cardiris™ Corporate / IRISCard ™ Pro / IRISCard™ Corporate
= Only apply to Microsoft Windows OS
= Only apply to Apple Macintosh OS
1) Error 1603 during installation
Most often this is caused by problems reading from the source. To solve this issue, contact us via our contact form at www.irislink.com/support and mention your Cardiris cd number.
You can find this number on the cd itself, e.g. cd 00/123
2) "Error applying transforms." when installing the update
The following error appears when installing the IRISCard/Cardirs patches :
In order to solve this issue, you need to:
• Remove IRIScard/Cardiris via add/remove programs
• Reinstall the program but in ENGLISH
• Apply the patch
• Change the interface language by the one of your choice through the menu “settings > user interface language”
3) Error message when applying patch for Cardiris 3.6
When applying the ICCI-3.6-Patch-2008XXXX.dmg the following error message can appear :
This issue occurs when applying the patch more than once. Your version is probably already up-to-date.
4) How do I export my contacts to Act!?
Direct export to Act! (8.0 & 9.0) and above is supported.
* Go to File > Import / Export and select Sage Act on the Export tab.
* Click on configure to opt to include/exclude card images
* Click on export
5) When I scan multiple cards, the image appears and acts like one image
If you are using a flatbed to scan business cards into Cardiris, they might all appear in one image only after you scan them. This is by design.
You should then click Process > Extract Cards. Cardiris will then extract the individual images from the larger image.
The background can be white or black if Cardiris is to extract the various business cards!
The segmentation of images with a white background only works when there is enough empty space between the business cards: the distance between two cards should be at least 1” (2.5 cm.)!
Tip: scan the cards with the lid of your flatbed scanner open. That creates a black background for you! Works best for light colored cards
Tip: scan the cards with the lid of your flatbed scanner closed. That creates a white background for you. Works best for dark colored cards.
6) How do I merge Cardiris databases?
Cardiris 3 series
To merge several databases together: open each of the other databases,
· Click File > Import/Export/Synchronize. Select Export > vCard.
· Check Export All Cards
· Click Configure and uncheck Create one File per Contact. Click Export. Save the files to a specific location.
· After you do that to all the databases, open a new database on Cardiris and go to File>Import/Export>Import and import all the databases into this new one
Cardiris 4/5 series
· Open the target database
· go to File > Import/Export/Synchronize and click on import
· Select the version database and import and navigate to the desired database file.
· Open the target database
7) How do I calibrate the IRISCard 4 scanner?
IRISCard 4 Calibration
Right click on the IRISCard button manager that is in the notification area on the right side of the task bar and choose calibrate. If you no longer have the calibration sheet you can use any white paper cut to 4" X 4" or even a #10 envelope to perform the calibration.
If the calibration does not help to solve the problem then delete the ppa620.cal file found in this location.
C:\Documents and Settings\your- username\Application Data\Kscan\ppa620.cal
If this folder is not visible go to Tools > Folder Options > View. Look for a radio button for Show hidden files and folders. Click on that to mark it and click OK and retry.
8) How do I export to Microsoft Outlook?
Once the information has been extracted from the Cards go to File > Import Export and Synchronize. Go to the Export tab and select Outlook. Click on the configure button on the lower left and select the outlook contact folder to send the cards. You can also choose whether to include the card images or not. Click on Export and it should send the information to Outlook.
If the export is not successful disable the User Access Control to unblock the driver using these steps.
Go to Start > Search box and type in MSCONFIG. The system configuration window will open. Go to the tools tab and look for the disable UAC entry. Highlight and click on launch. Close the resultant Dos window and then click OK. Restart the computer for it to take effect.
Go to Start > Search and type in; UAC. Click on Change User Account Control settings. Move the slider all the way down and then restart the computer. You can re-enable the UAC once the product is up and running.
9) How do I scan cards with a flatbed scanner?
1. Install latest drivers of your scanner
2. Plug your scanner and switch it on
3. Go to Settings > Scanner > Select among the available choice or click on Other.
Pick the Scanner Source then the scanner model and configure as pictured making sure the format is set to letter.
You can place up to 10 cards on the glass of the scanner. You want there to be a gap around all edges of the card keeping it away from the edge of the scanner bezel. You also want a dark background so the software can separate the individual card images from the larger image. A black or dark sheet of paper placed behind the cards works best.
You could also leave the lid to the scanner open but on some scanners you risk light leaking in on an edge of the image creating a very subtle white line making it impossible for the software to extract the individual card images.
For very dark cards you would do the opposite and just close the lid to the scanner to create a white background. It is useful then to separate the cards into dark and light for this kind of processing.
Once loaded or scanned into the program Go to Process > Extract images to separate the individual images from the larger image.
10) How do I import my Cardiris for Windows database to the Cardiris for Mac?
Open Cardiris for Windows. Go to File > Import, Export, Syncrhonize and select the Export tab. Select the vCard format (.vcf). Tick 'Export all cards'. Click [Configure] and tick 'Include card images in export'. Click [Export]. This will create one .vcf file containing all your cards.
Then, copy this file to your Mac. Double click the file. The Address Book will open and ask you whether you want to import the data. Click [Import]. The data imported into the Address Book will be visible by Cardiris.