“OCR” is the abbreviation of “Optical Character Recognition’’, it describes the process whereby an image is captured of a paper document after which the text is ”extracted” from that image.
Readiris 15 is an OCR software that automatically converts text from paper documents, images or PDF into fully editable files without having to perform all the tedious retyping work!
The optical character recognition (OCR) technology used in Readiris 15 allows very accurate document recognition while preserving the original page layout.
Learn more about OCR software
- Interface languages: English, Spanish, French, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Italian, Dutch, German, Danish, Finnish, Norweigian, Portuguese PT, Portuguese BR, Swedish, Turkish.
- Supported OCR languages: Afaan Oromo, Afrikaans, Albanian, Asturian, Aymara, Azeri (Latin), Balinese, Basque, Bemba, Bikol, Bislama, Bosnian (Cyrillic), Bosnian (Latin), Brazilian, Breton, Bulgarian, Bulgarian-English, Byelorussian, Byelorussian-English, Catalan, Cebuano, Chamorro, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Corsican, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English (UK), English (USA), Esperanto, Estonian, Faroese, Fijian, Finnish, French, Frisian, Friulian, Galician, Ganda, German, German (Switzerland), Greek, Greek-English, Greenlandic, Haitian Creole, Hani, Hebrew, Hiligaynon, Hungarian, Icelandic, Ido, Ilocano, Indonesian, Interlingua, Irish (Gaelic), Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kapampangan, Kazakh, Kicongo, Kinyarwanda, Korean, Kurdish, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Luba, Luxemburg, Macedonian, Macedonian-English, Madurese, Malagasy, Malay, Manx (Gaelic), Maori, Mayan, Mexican, Minangkabau, Moldovan, Mongolian (Cyrillic), Nahuatl, Norwegian, Numeric, Nyanja, Nynorsk, Occitan, Papiamento, Pidgin English (Nigeria), Polish, Portuguese, Quechua, Rhaeto-Roman, Romanian, Run di, Russian, Russian-English, Samoan, Sardinian, Scottish (Gaelic), Serbian, Serbian (Latin), Serbian-English, Shona, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Sotho, Spanish, Sundanese, Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, Tahitian, Tatar (Latin), Tetum, Tok Pisin, Tonga, Tswana, Turkish, Turkmen (Latin), Ukrainian, Ukrainian-English, Uzbek, Waray, Welsh, Wolof, Xhosa, Zapotec, Zulu
Minimum computer requirements
- Mac® computer with Intel® processor
- Mac OS® X version 10.8 or above
- Minimum 300MB of available hard disk space.
- Internet connection for one-time activation