iDRS™ is composed of different modules you can pick from to implement into your own application
1. Imaging module
Load and save pictures in formats such as BMP, PNG, TIFF and PDF JPEG, JPEG2000 and JBIG 2 are also available as extensions
2. Pre-processing module
Image enhancements features such as despeckle, deskew and document rotation.
The optional Advanced Pre-processing module also features Dark border removal, Line removal, Color dropout and Punch hole removal
3. Text Recognition module
137 languages standard which can be complemented with the following add-ons: Asian, Hebrew, Arabic, Banking Fonts, ICR
4. Barcode Recognition module
Many barcode types can be recognized standard, and can be complemented with
- PDF417 extension
- QRCODE extension
- EVO I extension : secondary engine used as a complement to the main engine, enabling the system to choose the best solution for improved accuracy on all barcode types.
- Datamatrix extension
5. Document Output module
The Document Output module allows the developer to export the recognized data to various output formats such as PDF (text, image-text, text-image and image), PDF/A, HTML, XML, RTF, TXT, UNICODE, UTF-8, ODT, WordML, SpreadsheetML, CSV, DOCX and XLSX.
The optional iHQC™ extension (intelligent High Quality Compression) - a patented revolutionary hyper-compression technology by I.R.I.S. – enables you to:
- Reduce the size of PDF, PDF/A and XPS files (color or black and white) dramatically
- Generate better quality than JPEG 2000 with much smaller files
- While maintaining perfect image quality and text legibility